Автор Тема: Source of vector shapes: unanswered question  (Прочитано 13989 раз)

Оффлайн lilcrazyfuzzy

• Просмотр профиля
Source of vector shapes: unanswered question
« : Февраля 23, 2008, 02:35:52 pm »
I posted something in a thread on SS about those "life-like vectors"
I was wondering about people shapes in general, maybe someone from here could answer:

http://submit.shutterstock.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=455377#455377

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
Re: Source of vector shapes: unanswered question
« Ответ #1 : Февраля 23, 2008, 05:37:12 pm »
Innocent unless proven, right? I'm definitely not jumping in with those people traces of photos taken from other artists, but the "authorities" still have to have the proof that those really are photo traces. There are many artists out there that can draw perfect people silhouettes with an obsolete pencil, on top of that those (the thousand-pack thingy) could easily be traces of snapshots of low quality (actually a plan to do a snapshot photosession of silhouettes only in the future). The important thing is, I think, to add model releases even if the faces are obviously not recognizable.

p.s.: This is volatile territory, btw. With vector traces you can modify silhouettes ad infinitum. Scale the hip paths, flip a few arms, merge in a different hairstyle and noone will ever manage to lay charges on you.
p.p.s.: But you're right, morally the discussion goes beyond mere illustrations, traces or what-have-you.

Оффлайн lilcrazyfuzzy

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2 : Февраля 23, 2008, 06:38:42 pm »
thanks for your answer, yes, definitely a gray area
I have no dancing people to photograph :(

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
« Ответ #3 : Февраля 23, 2008, 06:57:50 pm »
;)) Neither do I, but a couple of weeks ago I used some "leftovers" from a session and vectorized the silhouettes. Well, they weren't really dancing at all, but since they looked "groovy", I popped in a few club keywords. You never know;)

p.s.: Btw, good job bringing the issue up. As you do, I really doubt those collections aren't photo traces, even if the whole-body ones do look a bit "animeish" (long lengs, cartoonish poses). Extending the debate to objects silhouettes the thing gets more complicated (and there are some artists that do look like they have hardware stores, fashion outlets, pet hotels, nude crowds and computer/electronic departments right in their cosy homes);)
« Последнее редактирование: Февраля 23, 2008, 06:59:51 pm от domencolja »

Оффлайн nicemonkey

• Просмотр профиля
    • Nicemonkey
« Ответ #4 : Февраля 23, 2008, 10:17:27 pm »
I have be know in the past to pose infront of the mirror and snap away until I get the silhouette I like (we will keep that between us!) I then outline the image and adjust it to suit my needs. If I am really lucky I will talk my girlfriend (yes I have one!) or my daughter into posing for me.

I dont and have never been asked to upload a release for the image. I never use the original image for stock photography and most of them get chucked as they are not of any quality.
Shutterstock Dreamstime [url=http://www.luckyoliver.com/portfolio/Nice

Оффлайн khz

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #5 : Февраля 25, 2008, 12:25:51 pm »
very nice topic,
i shoot a lot of photos for tracing lately, and i am building my people sil.s with these, but it is not very easy to do and i wonder how the other guys do 100's of people sil.s and send them in 1 go to SS :)
i think micro's should ask for the source file, if it is a drawing or digital render, they should ask the source files as istock does,
i am sure in the future they will, but i dont know how much will it take :S

Оффлайн nicemonkey

• Просмотр профиля
    • Nicemonkey
« Ответ #6 : Февраля 25, 2008, 01:02:59 pm »
Source files are ok but I would say about 50% of my people drawings are drawn freehand without any source and I think it would be unfair to penalise Illustrators because they couldn't prove that they had not traced an image. Surly that would push people towards the coping/tracing a photo route and thus remove some of the skill from from your work. Also you could only produce set work with person in certain poses i.e. the poses of people that you have already photographed.

very nice topic,
i shoot a lot of photos for tracing lately, and i am building my people sil.s with these, but it is not very easy to do and i wonder how the other guys do 100's of people sil.s and send them in 1 go to SS :)
i think micro's should ask for the source file, if it is a drawing or digital render, they should ask the source files as istock does,
i am sure in the future they will, but i dont know how much will it take :S
Shutterstock Dreamstime [url=http://www.luckyoliver.com/portfolio/Nice

Оффлайн SheldonWilo

• Просмотр профиля
this is very nice information
« Ответ #7 : Января 24, 2011, 08:12:33 pm »
Thankyou, this is very nice information, thanks.

Оффлайн Willa4Hope

• Просмотр профиля
    • Usana
« Ответ #8 : Мая 13, 2011, 05:58:13 pm »
Its really been an very good thread..

Nice work out there.

Its good to see this kind of work in forums which is remarkable one.