Автор Тема: crestock (international)  (Прочитано 73642 раз)

Оффлайн Forgiss

• Просмотр профиля
    • Shoots Imaging
Re: Did anything changed at Crestock the past 6 months?
« Ответ #60 : Декабря 16, 2007, 05:29:43 pm »

I am sure there were a lot of good changes at Crestock, but I find it hard to consolidate this image of Josh upset about how "unprofessional" it is to quote the e-mail, and then in right the next breath, slams other stock sites' reviewers... without a second thought that some of them might be reading his posts as well...

Оффлайн dolgachov

• Administrator
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Syda Productions
« Ответ #61 : Декабря 16, 2007, 05:54:47 pm »
angels are perfect. people not. i've got used to it as long as i'm maybe least perfect person here considering "being polite" issues. so i maybe don't pay that much attention to how upset we sometimes are. anyway i believe it will all be ok for all of us.

here's a christmas angel from me for anyone who's participating this discussion.

from Crestock ;]

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #62 : Декабря 16, 2007, 06:24:34 pm »
DNF,

I'm more than a little disappointed to see you quoting emails that I send to you on an open forum. Please understand the ramifications before doing this. It also gives me little incentive to reply to your frequent emails, either. Just because this industry is based on the internet, i don't believe that means we should forget our professionalism or basic courtesy. I would encourage you to pass on your further complaints to Crestock Help desk.
Josh, I'm sorry you feel that way and you  also feel that our post is not following the general courtesy regulations. We never meant to be mean or whatever but on the other hand it is because of this forum that you contacted us telling us we would get full co-orporation when rejoining Crestock. We also feel that there were several promises not being kept by CS and simply pointed them out on the forum where it all started. So please let's quit on talking about what is right and what is wrong since we will simply start to throw mud at each other which has never been our intention.
I did reply your emails, yesterday. And, also assigned a specific inspector to inspect your images, giving that inspector special instructions. We have gone very far out of our way to please.
Thank you very much. Please accept our appologies concerning your feeling and please do understand ours when we did not get any of our mails answered asking you what was wrong. If we feel that we do not get heard we try to open up the conversations where it all started, right here.
You also know that we even tried to help you by explaining what exactly went wrong at the programming site
by infroming you of programm failures. We did not got those answered also.
Crestock has THE most professional team of inspectors. I know because most other sites employ network technicians or people with very little experience at all. Crestock inspectors are a mixture of some of our best contributors and professional full-time inspectors either with a background with Getty or trained by one of the highest selling photographers in the world. One of the inspectors that rejected one of your submissions has over 25 years experience in commercial photography, I believe that inspector when they say an image is out of focus.
Again apologies that you feel that way. We hear the phrase 25 or so many years experience more often from crap photographers or see photographers that make a living out of modelportfolios and bridal photography that is really bad. So years of experience is not always a source of being good. I hope you also believe that EVEN an Inspector with years of experience or other proof that he is a good inspector IS always able to make mistakes. We are all human after all.
If you submitted these images to one of the larger agencies, SS or IStock, today, most would be rejected.
Please do not make this into a contest since this one you loose. Every last mentioned image is on our portfolio on ShutterStock. On Istock there is only one of them that has been refused. The first one mentioned here is our second best selling photo at IS.
Maybe if we submitted them today they would but like said, they are already in our pf's so no way of proofing and no use to get into this any further.

We hope you understand that we also feel bad about promises not being kept and mails not being answered.

let's hope things are settled now. Like said we wish to keep an open mind and an open conversation possible. That conversation started here where you made some statements on how CS had changed. I think it is only fair to also point out the stuff that might be a little off. You were thankful for the help you got here from others that helped solving the upload issues. We only knew that CS had hired new contributors very recently so I think that our thinking about the latest rejections were very plausible. We thought this might also help to retain an open feel towards all. Never meant any harm and do not feel that any harm has been done either.  ;)

Shake hands or depart? What do you think?
We feel like staying for a while  ;D

HoHoHo to all.

Frenk

« Последнее редактирование: Декабря 16, 2007, 06:38:07 pm от DNF-Style »
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock
[url=http://www.fotolia.

Оффлайн sshaw75

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #63 : Декабря 17, 2007, 07:39:01 pm »
A little off of the current discussion, but holy crap.  The review times are blazing right now, last batch reviewed in less than an hour. Good stuff, now if the consistency issue can be resolved.. lol

Оффлайн dolgachov

• Administrator
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Syda Productions
Crestock will go offline 27th. smart time.
« Ответ #64 : Декабря 20, 2007, 03:19:32 am »
Crestock.com will be off-line 27 Dec. 8:00-16:00 GMT/00:00-08:00 PST

"This is because we have reached full capacity with our current setup and are moving our servers to a bigger, better home at Rackspace - the world leader in reliable web hosting."

that's what i call smart scheduling. dead days are always best time for making a move if you don't want to lose sales. 

Оффлайн josh_crestock

• Просмотр профиля
Re: Crestock will go offline 27th. smart time.
« Ответ #65 : Декабря 28, 2007, 02:28:49 am »
Crestock is back online, and seemingly without a hitch.

All the best in the new year,

Josh
The Crestock Team

Syates

• Гость
Re: Crestock will go offline 27th. smart time.
« Ответ #66 : Декабря 28, 2007, 02:51:48 am »
Crestock is back online, and seemingly without a hitch.

All the best in the new year,

Josh
The Crestock Team

Thank you, Josh! I updated our news section accordingly! All the best to you and the Crestock team also and to many more sales in 2008  ;D SY

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
Re: How is Crestock doing for everybody?
« Ответ #67 : Декабря 28, 2007, 02:18:45 pm »
So is it a good time to join them?

p.s.: Judging by the income I get from the other "small players", I'm not really spending a day of uploading and get 5 dollars in half a year. Or am I full of prejudices?

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #68 : Декабря 28, 2007, 09:04:10 pm »
I must say Josh did a good job. We had some issues with a few rejections and he picked it up really good. I was afraid DNF would be seen as a complaining costumers but luckily enough CS saw that we were not comp0laining about every single rejection (especially where it concerned older files from the beginning of DNF) He took the time to re-evaluate and approved every single one of them without trying to hide the mistakes the inspector made.
That I applaud. Since most of the times no answers are given or stock agencies hold their hands above their inspectors. We are glad CS is not among them.
And we are glad he is always a big enough man to see and correct mistakes.
« Последнее редактирование: Декабря 28, 2007, 09:09:10 pm от DNF-Style »
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
« Ответ #69 : Декабря 30, 2007, 03:41:51 pm »
Love the "by-step" submission process, but I find it rather slow when I want to change individual keywords for uploaded images when they're automatically read via the IPTC info. I have to click on each and every one of the images and check them (to remove keywords, adjurn them and such). It is a pain in the ass that if the image has IPTC data, it gets transferred to stage 3 directly.

So I miss an option to kick some images back to stage 2 or an option to edit them all-in-one on stage 3. Other than that the site looks awesome, nice design, intuitive solutions and I hope it will get at least the sales I'm not getting at the "last of the class" BSP and Fotolia.

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
« Ответ #70 : Декабря 30, 2007, 03:42:52 pm »
Oh, yeah: and it takes ages to load individual images to edit them. Might be the server today, thought. Uploading 350 images isn't really poppycock;)

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #71 : Декабря 30, 2007, 03:47:35 pm »
Love the "by-step" submission process, but I find it rather slow when I want to change individual keywords for uploaded images when they're automatically read via the IPTC info. I have to click on each and every one of the images and check them (to remove keywords, adjurn them and such). It is a pain in the ass that if the image has IPTC data, it gets transferred to stage 3 directly.

So I miss an option to kick some images back to stage 2 or an option to edit them all-in-one on stage 3. Other than that the site looks awesome, nice design, intuitive solutions and I hope it will get at least the sales I'm not getting at the "last of the class" BSP and Fotolia.
Well then you should get your data correct before upload I guess. I think it is a great asset for people who do upload with IPTC data to simply pass this step instead of having to acknowledge a step that obviously is unnecessary. On the other hand an option to kick files back one step would not be that miserable ;-)
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
« Ответ #72 : Декабря 30, 2007, 04:18:40 pm »
DNF, you're right. Actually I noticed this "problem" because I have some older files thate have iStock keywords copy/pasted in the IPTC repository. This means that many of them are "disambiguated" and faulty by my own standards, but iStock likes to keep it that way so I don't complain. I realized one should never copy iStock keywords to other stock sites, cause elsewhere they're just crap.

And I did that on around 30 images when I started "microstocking", submitted them to iStock, recopied the keywords to my files and, yeah, they got messy. That's why I have to recheck each one of them and an option to change them altogether would be nice. But I don't complain, just writing it down somewhere (diary-style, I guess);)

p.s.: Nevertheless the editing is slow anyways. Sometimes it takes more than a minute to open a damn keywording panel (for individual photos). That IS a problem. But I'm sure it's just temporary server issues.

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #73 : Декабря 30, 2007, 04:30:56 pm »
Yep IS stays the stupid duck in the pond (or are al these others?)
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
« Ответ #74 : Декабря 30, 2007, 04:34:27 pm »
;)) I would rather not answer (but you know my answer already);)

p.s.: Anyways: I think I got the slowdown issue solved. Using the Opera browser messes up with the connection. At least so it seems. With IE the thing keeps spitting out "secure/unsecure content" warning, but with Firefox everything works smoothly. Every image loads fast enough.