Автор Тема: New way of mis-using our images  (Прочитано 4872 раз)

Syates

• Гость
New way of mis-using our images
« : Февраля 10, 2008, 02:16:48 am »
A few day ago I stumbled across a post on another microstock forum, promoting a "keywording help" on this web site: http://photokeywords.com/ First I found the idea good and I even invited the person to post on our forum, second I thought of possible encouragement of key word spamming, and third - ok, I am slow some times, it dawned on me that this site is using our intellectual property (images like key words without - presumably- never have paid any licensing fee for images and/ or key words. Don't get me wrong, if somebody contacts me and wants to use my images etc for a cause that benefits others I have ALWAYS given my images for free - and always will do. But I want to be asked! I run a who.is and alexa search etc but can't find any contact info. If somebody here happens to know the web site owner I would be grateful for a message, as post or pm, to follow this up. SY

Оффлайн Clivia

• Просмотр профиля
Re: New way of mis-using our images
« Ответ #1 : Февраля 10, 2008, 01:46:29 pm »
I have been using this site, and find it very useful.
They are using thumbnails in a search in the same way as Google and other search engines. I don't object to seeing my images used in this way.
Keywords are not top secret. I have looked at other peoples keywords in order to get inspiration. I tend to keyword my images, then look at this site to see if there is anything obvious that I have missed, for example the word 'elephant' in a picture of an elephant. (Yes I did miss that!)
To me, keyword spamming is using words that do not relate to the image in order to drive traffic. For example, using 'sexy woman' on an image of a sofa. This site seems to me to be promoting the use of appropriate keywords rather than spamming.

Оффлайн lilcrazyfuzzy

• Просмотр профиля
Re: New way of mis-using our images
« Ответ #2 : Февраля 10, 2008, 06:04:52 pm »
exactly my thoughts clivia