Автор Тема: Pathfinding question in Adobe Illustrator  (Прочитано 8491 раз)

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
Pathfinding question in Adobe Illustrator
« : Февраля 07, 2008, 04:30:37 pm »
Here's my problem: I have a myriad of little expanded brush shapes on the canvas bordering to the bottom. The remains of these shapes poke out of the canvas, so I added a simple rectangular clipping path to delimit the actual "visible" artwork. Now: usually I use the ctrl+7 shortcut to clip the shapes "inside" the rectangle and then use the merge command to cut them off (or use the crop command with a rectangler over all the shapes - same thing, but I like to work the first way so I clean them only at the final export stages). But this time each one of those little shapes has an individual gradient applied to it and they are grouped together all one on top of the other (very various, chaotic). If I use the crop or merge command what happens is that each one of those shapes sliced every single individual shape and what I get is a million, literally million of little shapes all sliced where they shouldn't be.

How am I supposed to tell illustrator to use the crop command ONLY using the rectangular and NOT minding about all the shapes inside? I don't want every one to slice the neighbours, but only the rectangle to isolate and crop the shapes as a group.

Grouping them doesn't work. I always get multisliced shapes all over the place. If I change the colors of the shapes (example applying a white fill to all of them) and use the crop command, I usually get one compound path (and that's not what I want).

Any suggestions? Or will I have to crop them one by one individually?

Оффлайн nicemonkey

• Просмотр профиля
    • Nicemonkey
Re: Pathfinding question in Adobe Illustrator
« Ответ #1 : Февраля 07, 2008, 05:14:20 pm »
It sound a bit like the problem I had a while ago. I ended up ungrouping everything and then punching holes in the gradient sections (ie where you wanted to see other colours within the gradient and it overlapped) then merging sections a bit at a time then cropping as I went. Its a bit time consuming.

Sometimes if a think it is too much work or a tranparentcy will do the job quicker (which wont work in version 8 .eps) I just upload the jpeg and move on to the next image.
Shutterstock Dreamstime [url=http://www.luckyoliver.com/portfolio/Nice

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
Re: Pathfinding question in Adobe Illustrator
« Ответ #2 : Февраля 07, 2008, 05:20:08 pm »
Very time consuming;/

But there has to be a way to tell Illustrator to only use one shape (in my case the higher-stacked rectangle) as the main pathfinding element (this time of a cropping order). It doesn't make sense that the cropping applies to each shape, so that they get sliced one by one from each other.