Автор Тема: fotolia (international)  (Прочитано 19921 раз)

Syates

• Гость
Re: Infinite Collection?
« Ответ #15 : Января 01, 2008, 04:39:57 pm »
Interesting interview with Jon Oringer from ShutterStock regarding the Infinite Collection and other developments in (micro)stock. Interview SY

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
Fotolia vector SVG format issues
« Ответ #16 : Января 14, 2008, 09:25:46 pm »
I've been trying to upload vector files to Fotolia for the last couple of weeks and out of around 30-40 vector files only around 15-20% were suitable for upload. Why? Because Fotolia uses the SVG (scalable vector graphics) format for vector uploads. Since SVG files don't support (as they should) gradient meshes made in Adobe Illustrator (the most popular vector illustration software suite in the world), I can't upload them up there.

On top of that they have a file size limit of 1MB for SVG files and that means that many vectors with an extreme number of path points (complex vectors) just can't be uploaded. I was squeezing my head off trying to figure out a way to reduce the file size, but than I just gave up. It's impossible to upload to Fotolia vector illustrations with higher number of paths and this also applies to illustrations that have a higher count of gradients. Meshes, as I said, aren't supported at all.

Is anyone else a little frustrated with this situation? It's their choice and I don't blame them, but it's a shame not to be able to upload vectors to a site with a presumably good sales ratings (even if I personally have never experienced it on my own skin).

p.s.: As a sidenote: I'm not even close to being an experienced illustrator, so I'm not even thinking of stepping in the shoes of professional designers that make extra-complex vector creations. I don't know how they upload to Fotolia (if they upload at all, that is).

I'm posting this thread in hope of being wrong and someone coming by and explaining a way to make the vector files suitable for the SVG format AND keeping them under 1MB. Thanks!

Syates

• Гость
Do earnings really expire?
« Ответ #17 : Января 22, 2008, 10:09:37 pm »
I cancelled my account with Fotolia last year. Somebody just told me that now your earnings can "expire" at Fotolia? Is that true?  :o SY

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
Re: Do earnings really expire?
« Ответ #18 : Января 22, 2008, 10:15:16 pm »
I'm not completely sure, but I think I did read somewhere that earning must be payed out in one year. But I would not be 100% sure about that.

p.s.: Sybille, why did you cancel the account?

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #19 : Января 22, 2008, 10:40:27 pm »
That is a long story, lets say I didn't agree with some aspects of fotolia ;-) SY

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
« Ответ #20 : Января 23, 2008, 03:06:34 pm »
;)) Ok, I won't ask further;)

Оффлайн khz

• Просмотр профиля
Re: Fotolia vector SVG format issues
« Ответ #21 : Января 26, 2008, 06:31:43 pm »
hi,
i had same problems there,
so i stopped ul'ing my vector files to fotolia too,
1 mb size limit is very funny
and svg is a pain,
why dont they just accept .eps while it is the standart in all other sites :S

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
Re: Fotolia vector SVG format issues
« Ответ #22 : Января 26, 2008, 08:56:03 pm »
Don't ask me why, we're on the same boat, man;) The whole industry uses EPS AI8 compatible files. SVG is a great "free" format, but we all know the top-notch designers don't use open-source software, do they? Than why would they use SVGs in the first place?

p.s.: I respect their choice and I would definitely support it if it was synchronized on a buyer/submitter level, but how things stand right now, they're closing doors to too many pro designers who can't live with SVG limitations whatsoever (and I'm not one of them, thanks God not).
p.p.s.: For the best of all it would be highly appreciated if they rethought their business plan and extended vector uploads to EPS files as well. I heard many vector submitters have just dropped uploading files to Fotolia (either because of SVG characteristics or because of slow sales).

Оффлайн sshaw75

• Просмотр профиля
fractals
« Ответ #23 : Января 27, 2008, 09:18:01 am »
Holy shit... I take it they don't like fractals too much. Had a pile of my best selling fractals rejected for File type today... rather disheartening

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
Re: fractals
« Ответ #24 : Января 27, 2008, 04:00:24 pm »
Try to load it again. Change some little little things, maby it will help.
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock
[url=http://www.fotolia.

Оффлайн sshaw75

• Просмотр профиля
Re: fractals
« Ответ #25 : Января 27, 2008, 08:21:05 pm »
nah I'm not wasting hours again, took my port down