Автор Тема: getty images up for sale!  (Прочитано 20396 раз)

Оффлайн khz

• Просмотр профиля
getty images up for sale!
« : Января 21, 2008, 01:02:00 pm »
here is the details :
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/21/business/media/21deal.html?_r=3&th&emc=th&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

"Getty’s shares have declined more than 47 percent in the last year"
it will be interesting to see what the new boss will do with istock ...

Syates

• Гость
Re: getty images up for sale!
« Ответ #1 : Января 21, 2008, 02:09:49 pm »
Left me speechless! 1.5 BILLIOn $$$, and yes, I wonder what will happen for Istock when it gets sold. And I wonder how such a sale will affect the exclusives at Istock? The outcome will be so interesting and extremly important for the whole industry. My personal guess is that Corbis=Microsoft=Bill Gates tries to get it, but I wonder if such a monopoly would be legal? SY

Оффлайн khz

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2 : Января 21, 2008, 02:50:48 pm »
it will be very exciting if things start to go negative for exclusives after buyout
:)

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #3 : Января 21, 2008, 02:54:04 pm »
Here the discussion at Istock forum: http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=63451 I wonder how long they allow it to go on ;-) SY

Оффлайн anouchka

• Участники форума благодарны этому пользователю
  • istock admin
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #4 : Января 21, 2008, 03:36:24 pm »
it will be very exciting if things start to go negative for exclusives after buyout
:)

Interesting, why do you hate exclusives?  dont you think you will lose most of your sales everywhere if all exclusives will go to other stocks? :) I think you know that you will lose. So you may want to only  wish them good luck instead of wishing negativity after buyout. 

I'm quite sure that things will be ok with exclusives as they are now, dont worry about us ;)

Оффлайн khz

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #5 : Января 21, 2008, 08:13:52 pm »
haha,
hi anouchka,
first of all, why do you think `we` hate exclusives? :)

second, i was an exclusive myself once, nearly all turkish forum (that i moderate and invite all of them) members are exclusive, and i told most of them to be exclusives when they first start,
i just tried to mention, it will be exciting, since competition will be harder... it will be harder on othersites for sure, but it will be easier for us at istock ;)

third, i didnt wish `negativity` to exclusives at that sentence or any place
and last, no i dont think i will lose most of my sales everywhere, i have a very well established system for uploading to nearly 10 stocksites with over 3000 images online everywhere except istock(i have nearly 900 deactivated images on istock, the difference between my portfolio sizes is not because of rejections)

i hope i could explain myself, it is a very short sentence that you take into consideration, and i didnt mean what you come up from that sentence

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #6 : Января 23, 2008, 02:51:43 am »
Anouchka, I don't think anybody here "hates" Istock exclusives. I hope nobody here "hates" anybody! But I feel that Istock treads non-exclusives not as good as they deserve. So I think, just my personal opinion, there might be a lot of resentiments around  against some of Istock's specific attitudes but surely not against a specific istock contributor, might s/he be exclusive or not. And btw I am very happy that you decided to join this forum and have started to post also in the English boards.  :D SY

Оффлайн lilcrazyfuzzy

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #7 : Января 24, 2008, 02:46:48 pm »
we could buy istock with donations, have it managed by a council and rise the commission to 100% ;)
 :D

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #8 : Февраля 25, 2008, 03:15:31 am »
Good idea, but we would still need some money for marketing, SY *pondering where to find 1.5 billion $*

Оффлайн lilcrazyfuzzy

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #9 : Февраля 25, 2008, 03:55:41 am »
I think if the community gathers the money and buy itself it won't need marketing for like ever because that's all the news will be talking about ;)

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #10 : Февраля 25, 2008, 04:00:38 am »
Don't think if they ever could get their b*** up to do something so revolutionary!? Perhaps we should found a facebook group "Buy Gettys" SY

Оффлайн lilcrazyfuzzy

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #11 : Февраля 25, 2008, 03:48:12 pm »
hahah, yes, let's raise funds through fb!

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #12 : Февраля 26, 2008, 12:33:34 am »
Too late, it went for 2.4bn, here the press release. SY

Оффлайн nicemonkey

• Просмотр профиля
    • Nicemonkey
« Ответ #13 : Февраля 26, 2008, 12:41:06 am »
2.4bn...see if only we were a bit more orginised we could have raised that. I guess it was in dollars...with the exchange rate at the moment I think I could have found that amount down the back of my sofa.
Shutterstock Dreamstime [url=http://www.luckyoliver.com/portfolio/Nice

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #14 : Февраля 26, 2008, 12:46:13 am »
I found Hellmann&Friedman's website, very posh domain I must say hf.com SY