Автор Тема: What is your most favourite/ least favourite subject to photograph?  (Прочитано 34450 раз)

Оффлайн anka

• Просмотр профиля
Re: What is your most favourite/ least favourite subject to photograph?
« Ответ #15 : Ноября 28, 2007, 07:08:21 am »
Hello to everyone, nice to see such a wonderful forum and community on stock photography.

Favorite subject for me... is genre. Genre (street photos, for example) is not selling well, plus difficult to get model releases, so I'm learning genre portrait in studio setup.
Have a problem: very shy with models. So, do not have many.
My family is fed up with my efforts to take a picture of them.

Also landscape photo, since I love to travel.

Also... I just like to photograph life around.

Regards,

Anna

Оффлайн Olga B.

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #16 : Ноября 28, 2007, 04:19:38 pm »
I do sports mostly. I'm crasy about shooting sports but the stockmarket is very limited I'd guess. I've tried shooting a baby too and it was fun. I hope to get enough light equipment with the time to do some more serious work on it. Generally, I prefer to shoot people. Now I'm getting ready to shoot objects. I tried a few things in the past mostly in the natural environment and liked it. So, who knows where I end up. LOL

Оффлайн Talya

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #17 : Ноября 28, 2007, 06:04:08 pm »
I love to shoot sport. My kids give me a lot of opportunities. Not much use for stock although.

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #18 : Ноября 28, 2007, 09:54:12 pm »
I love to shoot sport. My kids give me a lot of opportunities. Not much use for stock although.

Why? If that are your kids it would be even easier to get a model release ;-) And I am sure pictures of happy active kids would sell like hot cakes! Btw what lens and settings do you use for your sport shoots mainly? SY

Оффлайн Clivia

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #19 : Ноября 28, 2007, 10:32:40 pm »
I love macro photography. I don't do many macros for stock, its something I like to do for my own pleasure. Live caterpillars are much more difficult than babies!
I am also doing a series of portraits of my grandson from his birthday on 5th February 2005. I take a picture on the 5th of every month. They make a great album so far. I plan to continue until he starts school at age 5.

Оффлайн Talya

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #20 : Ноября 29, 2007, 06:32:04 am »

Why? If that are your kids it would be even easier to get a model release ;-) And I am sure pictures of happy active kids would sell like hot cakes! Btw what lens and settings do you use for your sport shoots mainly? SY
The release is one problem. Most of the time there is more than one kid. Parents from oposite team are not easy to reach.
Copyright is another. I hate reebok, adidas, underarmor... you name it. Last name on  back... Even in football, with helmets covering most of faces, a team logo makes it impossible.

I'm amateur by any means and my gear is cheap. I use 70-300/4-5.6 IS Canon.  Settings vary. When I shoot for a team (that means 8x12 will be the biggest prints, most of them smaller) I use ISO 400 f/5-8  and highest shutter speed possible (at least 1/1000). At sunny mornings and afternoons I try to take pictures for stocks and low my ISO to 100-200, f/5. SS less than 1/500 is no use so my time for stocks photos is limited (this is third problem).

A few I manadged to put on stocks do not sell as good as I expected, btw. Discouraging.

Оффлайн Forgiss

• Просмотр профиля
    • Shoots Imaging
« Ответ #21 : Ноября 29, 2007, 12:02:59 pm »
A few I manadged to put on stocks do not sell as good as I expected, btw. Discouraging.

Woah... I must say, I see exactly the oposite. My sport images (few as they are) sell exceptionally well. and is generally outselling my business images (and outlasting them!!)

Another surprise (does it count as sport?) is dance. I sell 5-15 dance images a day and I only have about a 100... BIG GAP IN THE MARKET!

Оффлайн Talya

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #22 : Ноября 29, 2007, 06:14:39 pm »
I really do not have enough photos for any conclusion but simple football laces close-up sells better. Still need to go through most of the fall season.  8)

Оффлайн Lvnel

• Просмотр профиля
    • www.shoots.co.za
« Ответ #23 : Декабря 30, 2007, 03:15:33 pm »
I get excited about everything but end up editing only faces.

That's it - I think I like shooting faces. Older women - over 30 are my favourites at the moment. Much better attitude towards life, beautiful expressions, most of the times with less editing times than 17 year olds.

And I don't like full body shots at all.

If I had a choice of somebody shooting and me editing - I would love to do that as well :) But I am not allowed to edit Sean's pics. And I am not good enough to edit for another photographer.

Оффлайн Lvnel

• Просмотр профиля
    • www.shoots.co.za
« Ответ #24 : Декабря 30, 2007, 03:23:50 pm »
I do sports mostly. but the stockmarket is very limited I'd guess.

I think anything that you enjoy and therefore become good at will sell! Simply because your images will have more meaning and content.

I do lots of filler images and vectors, but what I am truly passionate about always sells better.
« Последнее редактирование: Декабря 30, 2007, 03:25:25 pm от Lvnel »

Оффлайн Susan

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #25 : Января 01, 2008, 08:59:45 am »
I don't shoot children any more... however when I did I just loved catching them in the magical moments that make being around kids so gratifying.  They just love learning and the genuine expressions that lite up their little faces... sans ego is something I miss.

Luba your image is lovely!

Оффлайн Lvnel

• Просмотр профиля
    • www.shoots.co.za
« Ответ #26 : Января 01, 2008, 02:49:49 pm »
Thank you very much!

About kids: I shot few shots of kids in the hospital and new-borns at home. I thought I would go crazy! I have so much respect for people that make a living out of baby photography! I honestly thought its easy  :-\

Besides the fact that you have to keep the whole body in and make sure nothing strange is cut off - parents are so sensitive to my tight crops - the baby keeps on moving in and out fo focus, and one second the hand is in - another - the whole body is out.

I was so tired after an hours shooting! Sean, my husband, just moved the lights behind my back all the time - because i was moving so much, I did not even think ab lighting. Great to have a pro photographer as your assistant!

Оффлайн gRac34U

• mybesthomes.net Forum
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #27 : Января 04, 2008, 12:57:38 pm »
nice photo.

Оффлайн Susan

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #28 : Января 04, 2008, 10:14:46 pm »
Luba,

I had to laugh at this one... before I had my own son I thought raising kids would be easy.  I had visions of performing all kinds of artistic endeavors while he was angelically sleeping.  Turns out he had severe colic for 5 or 6 months and almost never slept.  Then I spent years trying to keep the little dare devil from killing himself. (LOL... helped keep me in good shape)

He was very active and climbed almost everything... maybe he helped me develop stamina and timing for tykes. Or maybe I just waited until he was so worn out he could not move much anymore... my nieces and nephews were more sedate.

;)  You are lucky to have found such a good assistant.

Thank you very much!

About kids: I shot few shots of kids in the hospital and new-borns at home. I thought I would go crazy! I have so much respect for people that make a living out of baby photography! I honestly thought its easy  :-\

Besides the fact that you have to keep the whole body in and make sure nothing strange is cut off - parents are so sensitive to my tight crops - the baby keeps on moving in and out fo focus, and one second the hand is in - another - the whole body is out.

I was so tired after an hours shooting! Sean, my husband, just moved the lights behind my back all the time - because i was moving so much, I did not even think ab lighting. Great to have a pro photographer as your assistant!

Оффлайн Lvnel

• Просмотр профиля
    • www.shoots.co.za
« Ответ #29 : Января 05, 2008, 12:40:44 am »
Susan,

You just confirmed what I was afraid of all along! Sean asked me: what do I want to do while I am pregnant and when the baby is born? Right now, I think - nothing. Just play with the baby. All of our friends are 24-7 tied up with their new borns and all of them stopped working, at least for the first year.

I am taking off my hat before working mothers!

Shooting tomorrow an over 30s woman again. First time with her. Going to make some magic - briefed the make-up artist for funky make-up. Glam-glam. I like shooting ordinary women with just a bit of different make-up and then showing it to them and watch their reaction. Very rewarding.

One hubby told me that the pic I took of his wife is going to the grave with him. And the best part of it is that I leave most of the skin texture and fine lines, so I can tell the woman: its you, just with a bit better skin care routine, a bit more sleep and less kids.

And another hubby said: I can't believe her lips! And I did not touch the lips - its her natural form, just a good application of red lipstick.

Some women so shy, they don't even want to print photos of them alone, only if its with a hubby or a kid. Can you believe it? Sean spoiled me with my images, we had walls covered with my portraits, and one of them was my face, 1.5 meters high. People asked me how I feel about my own pic so big. Why should anything else be hanging on that wall?

My dream: every bedroom of every woman I shoot, has a life size shot of her, in the nuddies, for her hubby to see. And kids, and everybody that walks in. I am actually amazed, how many women actually long to be in front of the camera and never get a chance to show that side of them. And too shy to go to a photographer and ask for a glam shoot.