Автор Тема: What is your most favourite/ least favourite subject to photograph?  (Прочитано 34011 раз)

Syates

• Гость
What is your most favourite/ least favourite subject to photograph?
« : Ноября 25, 2007, 10:12:18 pm »
My most favourite one are landscapes - so relaxing! And the least are children, they move far to quick for an old woman like me ;-) SY

Оффлайн msdnv

• Просмотр профиля
    • http://www.msdnv.com
Re: What is your most favourite/ least favourite subject to photograph?
« Ответ #1 : Ноября 25, 2007, 11:13:48 pm »
Favorits are kids (my daughters), but unfortunatly a very hard subjekt to get a nice shot. This one was a just an ocasional shot http://www.shutterstock.com/pic.mhtml?id=1516034 durring different photosesion . The least is still life - I do not have fantasi to make a nice and interresting  composition.

Оффлайн khz

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2 : Ноября 26, 2007, 12:12:34 am »
hi all,
my favourite is shooting models, since it is interactive, i dont get bored,
i shoot still life, food, or landscapes for sure but, they make me bored after a short time.

but only exception for this is the shooting with a 2 years old little girl lately.
http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-6379873-cute-little-girl-with-a-santa-hat-on-white-background-space-for-messages.html
after having only 12 images after about 8 hours of work (me, my wife, and her mother runned and beg her all day to give some poses),
i reconsidered my standarts for shooting kids :)

i can have fun at shooting some concepts such as Lev's of course by the way ;)

Оффлайн andresr

• Просмотр профиля
    • AndresR Photography
« Ответ #3 : Ноября 26, 2007, 04:48:55 am »
Definately my favourite subject has to be people .... its always interesting during the photoshoot as it is fun. Professional models are normally quite relaxed and the number of worthy photos is higher so I like that  :P

Оффлайн travismanley

• Просмотр профиля
    • www.twcdm.com
« Ответ #4 : Ноября 26, 2007, 11:19:53 pm »
I started off doing a lot of food and product shots in a homemade light tent and just started working with models. It is a blast shooting people, much more rewarding then food (for me at least). It is a little harder, but much worth it!

Оффлайн Forgiss

• Просмотр профиля
    • Shoots Imaging
« Ответ #5 : Ноября 27, 2007, 12:11:04 am »
good grief? favourite? we can have a favourite?

Man, as long as I am shooting... who cares!?!?

I have to confess that I think the most dificult is children (have no illusion friends... newborn babies are just not lying still!!!)

The most challenging is weddings... You can't interfere or move people arround too much, you start with an editorial style, switch to glamour for dressing up, switch to fashion for pre ceremony, swith to editorial for ceremony (with some fine art thrown in for good measure) then back to family photographer for the families and groups, and so on and so forth. The whole while you need to make the crapiest locations look like fairytale castles!

You have to have the patience and steady hand of a wild life photographer, for low light shooting, and catching just the right moment

You have to have the speed, agility and responses of a sports photographer to catch the frigging flower girls and other general action.

You have too carry all of your equipment like a Yak

and you have to smile and be creative for the better part of 12-16 hours on a day

(it also helps if you can do Crisis Management, and therefor, I can do a mean hairdo, have done a make-up course, can sew wedding gear (or my better solution = staplegun), know which calming meds doesn't go well with Champagne, can drive, carry extra sweets for difficult ring bearers (aged 3) and extra sunblock for hung over best men. I can also tie a straight, windsor or bowtie, and used to carry extra packs of batteries/film for when the mother of the bride run out, and an extra medium size black belt (worked into the cost of the wedding beforehand) for the groom/best man/father of the bride...

... Man I love stock!

Оффлайн Susan

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #6 : Ноября 27, 2007, 12:27:00 am »
I guess I am still evolving at a photographer... I change my mind frequently.  I love landscapes because I love to be outdoors.  Would love to try my hand at some real sports photography.  I am working on honing my studio skills now and plan on starting to learn how to work with people in the next few months.

I am with Sean... I just love everything about photography... I love that there is so much to learn.

Оффлайн travismanley

• Просмотр профиля
    • www.twcdm.com
« Ответ #7 : Ноября 27, 2007, 12:44:24 am »
I did some photos of a friends 3 month old baby and I thought it was going to be a nightmare, but it was actually really easy. The baby just laid there quietly and let me snap off photo after photo. I shot it for about two hours and she didn't get cranky up until the very end of the shoot. Great learning experience!

Оффлайн realdealphoto

• Просмотр профиля
    • Real Deal Photo
Re: What is your most favorite/ least favorite subject to photograph?
« Ответ #8 : Ноября 27, 2007, 10:55:28 am »
Oh I don't think there can be any doubt that I prefer to shoot beautiful women. Preferably under studio conditions but outdoors is fun too. I also love to shoot editorial style street life and love to take long photo walks in places like the Venice Beach boardwalk and capture the life I see through a 400mm lens.

My least favorite and really the only thing I actually refuse to shoot is Weddings, for all the reasons Sean listed. It simply is not my cup of tea.

Оффлайн Forgiss

• Просмотр профиля
    • Shoots Imaging
« Ответ #9 : Ноября 27, 2007, 11:02:22 am »
The baby just laid there quietly and let me snap off photo after photo. I shot it for about two hours and she didn't get cranky up until the very end of the shoot.

what did you feed that baby?!?

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #10 : Ноября 28, 2007, 02:58:02 am »
The baby just laid there quietly and let me snap off photo after photo. I shot it for about two hours and she didn't get cranky up until the very end of the shoot.

what did you feed that baby?!?

That I want to know also! And is the baby for rent, hey that sounds like photographers dream, cooperative baby! Get a model release and then off to shoot it, the cuter, the better! SY

Оффлайн travismanley

• Просмотр профиля
    • www.twcdm.com
« Ответ #11 : Ноября 28, 2007, 04:06:40 am »
I was so surprised how well it went. I thought for sure this baby was going to cry the whole time and I wasn't going to get any good shots. I haven't been around a baby in like ten years so I wasn't going to be any help getting the baby to cooperate. I talked to the mother quite a bit before they came out to my studio and I had a pretty clear image of what i wanted to accomplish.

Her mother brought this little innertube looking thing and I stuck it under my backdrop and she laid her daughter on it and she just laid there for almost two hours (we did a few outfit changes and took a couple breaks). I hooked my camera up to an extra tv I had so the mother could see all the shots I was taking without having to stop and show her the pics on my camera.

I wish I could take credit for it but honestly it was just dumb luck on my part. I think she is teething now and is pretty cranky so I think im going to wait a little while before I line up another photo shoot.

Here is one of the first shots I took and the last shot when she started getting fussy. That one of her crying has been selling really well, I should have stuck it out a little longer and snapped a few more shots!

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #12 : Ноября 28, 2007, 04:17:59 am »
What did you use for lighting?, they look great! SY

Оффлайн frisee

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #13 : Ноября 28, 2007, 04:42:33 am »
hello one and all from FRISEE aka BICHON !!!

I would have to say, landscape is my favourite, but now that i have a new zoom to 200mm, i am starting to enjoy people shots .. .candid ones which hang out in the places i visit... interesting faces, interesting things they are doing....
now if you will excuse me, there is a nice lady in the house across from my house getting ready to retire for the evening. time to get some 'candid' shots   :D

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #14 : Ноября 28, 2007, 04:57:05 am »
hello one and all from FRISEE aka BICHON !!!

I would have to say, landscape is my favourite, but now that i have a new zoom to 200mm, i am starting to enjoy people shots .. .candid ones which hang out in the places i visit... interesting faces, interesting things they are doing....
now if you will excuse me, there is a nice lady in the house across from my house getting ready to retire for the evening. time to get some 'candid' shots   :D

Hi Bich, glad you joined in the fun! Why the name change, we all know - and love you as bichon! SY
« Последнее редактирование: Ноября 28, 2007, 06:18:13 pm от Sybille Yates (hospitalera) »