Автор Тема: Do you use ftp / database software to upload your files to multiple sites?  (Прочитано 23684 раз)

Оффлайн Susan

• Просмотр профиля
Re: Do you use ftp / database software to upload your files to multiple sites?
« Ответ #15 : Декабря 30, 2007, 12:41:26 am »
Karin I noticed that you posted this on another site... I am glad you found my post regarding the CushyStock software helpful!

I downloaded the trial of CushyStock and LOVE IT!!!  The ability to track rejections and acceptances is fantastic and will save me a ton of time. 

Captain...how long does the trial last? 
« Последнее редактирование: Декабря 30, 2007, 12:44:22 am от Susan »

Оффлайн Captain

• Творю добро
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Cushy Stock - программа для стоковых фотографов
« Ответ #16 : Декабря 30, 2007, 01:04:13 am »
Captain,

Are the upgrades included in the price of the software, happily it looks like you update the program fairly frequently.  I have some questions regarding the new tables you may be adding... can the info that is already in the tables be transfered to the new upgrades as you add functionality? 

Also what assurance do we have that our password info etc will remain secure.

Minor upgrades (1.x) are included in the price. Major upgrades (2.x, 3.x) will be available with the considerable discounts.
Database will be updated automatically, so you won't have to worry as all the data entered will be preserved.
Also there are 2 ways to protect your passwords:
1. You don't save passwords in the DB and enter them each time you want to upload files. This can be set in the Security tab of Options dialog window.
2. You install a firewall software and monitor any traffic generated by program. In this way you can see that the software sends data only to photostock sites.
Cushy Stock - наше все!

Оффлайн Susan

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #17 : Декабря 30, 2007, 05:12:42 am »
Thank you Captain, I will be buying your software very soon.

When do you expect version two to arrive?  It would be nice if the user interface were slightly more intuitive.
« Последнее редактирование: Декабря 30, 2007, 05:17:44 am от Susan »

Оффлайн Captain

• Творю добро
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #18 : Декабря 30, 2007, 10:58:25 am »
Thank you Captain, I will be buying your software very soon.

When do you expect version two to arrive?  It would be nice if the user interface were slightly more intuitive.

I am planning to release 2.0 version in 4-5 months.
At the January I’ll start to make a few “How to” flash video movies. Right now you can see video guide from site: http://www.cushystock.com/guide/guide.htm
Cushy Stock - наше все!

Оффлайн Karimala

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #19 : Декабря 30, 2007, 01:16:27 pm »
Susan, you always have the best software tips!!!   ;D

I bought mine yesterday and spent all day working with it. What a godsend!  It's three programs rolled into one (ftp, file management, IPTC), which is going to save me a ton of time in the long run.  The only thing I miss is that I can't simultaneously upload multiple files or to multiple sites, like I can with SmartFTP.  But, that isn't a big deal considering the rest of the program's functionality.     

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #20 : Декабря 31, 2007, 07:15:09 pm »
Captain, I couldn't find the limitations of the trial software. Can you explain what is the difference between the trial and the full version? Thanks, SY

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #21 : Января 04, 2008, 05:19:45 pm »
I am testing the Cushy now.
Sadly enough only one file to one stock and then restart the apllication to do another which makes testing very difficult.
I do not know how it will upload. Stock by stock or all selected stocks at once?
This is important in order to know if we can surf on or can't use our internet for the time the upload runs.
But I am not willing yet to spend 50 dollars if I am not sure where I spend it on.
Ofcourse it is almost impossible to hold every stock agency in account to get things right. I am miost curious about the MR attachment.

Test #1 = 1 file to albumo: failed because the model release is uploaded as a jpg next to the file and not as a modelrelease but it is in the photo upload section where it has no use. So NOT attached to the photo which makes it necessary to attach once more.
Test #2 = 1 file to crestock: failed because the model release was not present at all and had to be uploaded into the database first. maybe my own mistake
Test #3 = 1 file to canstock: failed because the model release was not present at all and had to be uploaded into the database first. maybe my own mistake

I see now that I attached the modelrelease but had to tick this for every agency, so gonna do that for the remaining tests.

test #4 = 1 file to Lucky oliver No file is visible on LO but this takes a few hours sometimes.
test #5 = 1 file to 123RF MR as seperate file which is being seen by 123 as a photo which is too small and is automatically rejected.
Test #6 = 1 file to Bigstockphoto MR as seperate file and not seen as MR by BSP
Test #7 = 1 file to Fotolia MR as seperate file and not seen as MR by Fotolia
Test #8 = 1 file to StockXpert the file is there in name but there is no image generated. Might be a SXP error.
Test #9 = 1 file to Dreamstime The file does not show up in unfinished files nore in pending files
Test #10 = 1 file to Shutterstock MR as seperate file and not seen as MR by Shutterstock

My conclusions
The modelrelease feauture is not working but simply adding the MR as a seperate file failing to add it as an actual Model release.
Dreamstime does not see the file at all
It might be a nice program to upload the files only but since we use Bridge for keywording and adding the metadata and with Cushy we still have to finish of al files individually, I do not see why I should pay 50 dollars for something that I can do with some extra efferot also.
I will wait and hope that Cushy will improve since it seems promissing but is far from finished.

Frenk
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock
[url=http://www.fotolia.

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #22 : Января 07, 2008, 03:13:35 pm »
So does anybody here have experience with the full version and does it really save time? SY

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #23 : Января 07, 2008, 03:21:43 pm »
Not us. And I send captain a personal message here when I posted my findings but he has not seen or answered it yet.
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock

Оффлайн Elnur

• Просмотр профиля
    • My microstock blog
« Ответ #24 : Января 17, 2008, 11:57:36 pm »
I just read on a different russian forum a note from developer of Cushystock, that he had broken his leg on a New Year eve, and had been without internet ever since. So, if you feel you have been ignored in the email or otherwise, be patient - he will be back soon.

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #25 : Января 18, 2008, 12:28:25 am »
Elnur, if you have the possibility can you pass on my best wishes for speedy recovery to him please? SY

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #26 : Января 18, 2008, 01:18:10 am »
and from us
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock

Оффлайн builttospill

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #27 : Января 18, 2008, 02:56:46 am »
Do any of you have experience with ProStockMaster?  You can download their trial version from their web site for free with the limitation of no more than five photos a day.  If you have heard anything or have used it please let me know the pros and cons.  Thanks.

Derek

Оффлайн Captain

• Творю добро
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #28 : Февраля 05, 2008, 11:31:17 am »
Hello!

I released Cushy Stock 1.6.1 (http://www.cushystock.com)
What's new?

• Financial statistics for all supported stocks. You can get statistics at once or get statistics for single stock.
  • FTP subsystem upgraded and redesigned
  • Full Windows Vista support in the installer
  • Speed optimization
  • Fixed some minor bugs

I'm ready to answer your questions.
Cushy Stock - наше все!

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #29 : Февраля 05, 2008, 01:56:41 pm »
I am testing the Cushy now.
Sadly enough only one file to one stock and then restart the apllication to do another which makes testing very difficult.
I do not know how it will upload. Stock by stock or all selected stocks at once?
This is important in order to know if we can surf on or can't use our internet for the time the upload runs.
But I am not willing yet to spend 50 dollars if I am not sure where I spend it on.
Ofcourse it is almost impossible to hold every stock agency in account to get things right. I am miost curious about the MR attachment.

Test #1 = 1 file to albumo: failed because the model release is uploaded as a jpg next to the file and not as a modelrelease but it is in the photo upload section where it has no use. So NOT attached to the photo which makes it necessary to attach once more.
Test #2 = 1 file to crestock: failed because the model release was not present at all and had to be uploaded into the database first. maybe my own mistake
Test #3 = 1 file to canstock: failed because the model release was not present at all and had to be uploaded into the database first. maybe my own mistake

I see now that I attached the modelrelease but had to tick this for every agency, so gonna do that for the remaining tests.

test #4 = 1 file to Lucky oliver No file is visible on LO but this takes a few hours sometimes.
test #5 = 1 file to 123RF MR as seperate file which is being seen by 123 as a photo which is too small and is automatically rejected.
Test #6 = 1 file to Bigstockphoto MR as seperate file and not seen as MR by BSP
Test #7 = 1 file to Fotolia MR as seperate file and not seen as MR by Fotolia
Test #8 = 1 file to StockXpert the file is there in name but there is no image generated. Might be a SXP error.
Test #9 = 1 file to Dreamstime The file does not show up in unfinished files nore in pending files
Test #10 = 1 file to Shutterstock MR as seperate file and not seen as MR by Shutterstock

My conclusions
The modelrelease feauture is not working but simply adding the MR as a seperate file failing to add it as an actual Model release.
Dreamstime does not see the file at all
It might be a nice program to upload the files only but since we use Bridge for keywording and adding the metadata and with Cushy we still have to finish of al files individually, I do not see why I should pay 50 dollars for something that I can do with some extra efferot also.
I will wait and hope that Cushy will improve since it seems promissing but is far from finished.

Frenk

Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock