Автор Тема: Model Release Question  (Прочитано 6836 раз)

Оффлайн travismanley

• Просмотр профиля
    • www.twcdm.com
Model Release Question
« : Декабря 01, 2007, 08:38:03 pm »
Im going to be shooting some family photos that I dont plan on selling, but would like to use for my website for my business. What do I need to get signed so I dont get sued or anything? Do I need to have each member of the family sign a model release?

Thanks!

Оффлайн dolgachov

• Administrator
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Syda Productions
Re: Model Release Question
« Ответ #1 : Декабря 01, 2007, 08:48:41 pm »
make them sign, sure. each and every member.

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #2 : Декабря 02, 2007, 02:17:19 am »
Yes, let them sign, if they don't want to sign a generic model release do one where you replace things like: "in any and all media" With "only for...." and make there specific what both the models and you feel comfortable with. Have also a look at this thread here where Lev put up a brilliant generic model release for everybody to use! SY

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #3 : Декабря 03, 2007, 09:15:47 pm »
If they don't sign but it is clear on the photographs that they don't mind to be photographed, like in a family meeting (unless it is the maffia) and you only use them for your own promotion you do not have to fear for problems. IF one of your family members tell you he/she does not like his/her face on your site you take it off. But no judge will force you to take them down. The portrait rights the portraitee (is that good english?) has will be enforced by a judge ONLY if it is clear that your subject (I know that is good english) is damaged by you displaying him/her. For instance if you use his/her photo on a dating site this might be the case. But not on your own portfolio. If you are planning to use any of your photo's commercially then you will need their signature under a modelreleaseform.

Frenk
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock
[url=http://www.fotolia.

Оффлайн travismanley

• Просмотр профиля
    • www.twcdm.com
« Ответ #4 : Декабря 03, 2007, 10:02:53 pm »
Hey thanks Frenk! Good to know. This is not my family I am taking photos of (if that makes any difference). I am taking them for a client and being paid. I was going to ask if they minded if I used them for my site, I just didnt want to make them fill out five different model releases if I didnt need to.

Thanks!

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #5 : Января 08, 2008, 06:22:32 pm »
And what was the outcome? SY

Оффлайн travismanley

• Просмотр профиля
    • www.twcdm.com
« Ответ #6 : Января 08, 2008, 07:36:28 pm »
I asked my wife's advise, as she knows the family and I dont and she thought they might be hesitant to sign a model release and not want their photos sold as stock. I ended up writing up a simple "release" for the mother to sign that gave me permission to use the photos for my website and advertising. I asked her to sign it when I gave her their photos and she was more than happy to sign. Also, she paid me twice what I was going to charge her so I dont feel so bad about not being able to sell the photos as stock.