Автор Тема: Apophysis Help Please  (Прочитано 72848 раз)

Оффлайн sshaw75

• Просмотр профиля
Re: Apophysis Help Please
« Ответ #45 : Января 22, 2008, 12:10:37 am »
Oh they are addicting as hell... Most of my shutterstock port is fractals.  Also did 2 vid clips, but they got way to long to render so I kind of left them for now.

Sybille, what size do you render?  I used to do 3000 x 3000 then resize to 2000x2000 at 300dpi.  But when I jump the oversample up to 4 it requires over 2 GB of ram.  So I have been dropping them to about 2300x2300.  Does the limit memory work and just add to the render time?  I can do a 3000 x 3000 Filter 0.4 Quality 4000 and Oversample 0.3 in a little under 4 hours

Оффлайн Sundance

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #46 : Января 22, 2008, 02:10:19 pm »
I have first results.... ALL Rejected  ;D (Thankfully the reason is mostly keywords and only couple of pics are noisy.... )

I think it's a good start  ;D ;D ;D

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #47 : Января 22, 2008, 02:18:10 pm »
 :o Sorry about that, key wording fractals is quite a problem because they can be so much different things to different people. SY

Оффлайн Sundance

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #48 : Января 22, 2008, 02:50:31 pm »
Never mind rejections! it's for my own pleasure

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #49 : Января 22, 2008, 03:13:42 pm »
Only if you try fractal footage  ::) http://footage.shutterstock.com/video.html?id=49783

SY

::) WHAT PROCESSING TIME IT TOOK TO MAKE THAT?

unbelievable! I always wanted to become somebody like Walt Lucas  ;D

As it is footage the images are smaller I used 720x480 but as you need 30 frames per second, I think it took me several days to render the whole lot. But I am still waiting for my first footage sale :-( SY

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #50 : Января 22, 2008, 03:16:07 pm »
Wow great clip Sybille. I haven't really messed around with fractals before and didn't realise you could make moving images. My girlfriend always says that I spend too much time on the computer...she really isn't going to be happy now I have found fractals! (I will point her in your direction!)

Perhaps you should point her in my hubbies direction, he is complaining about the same and the two could then happily commiserate whilst we can get things done on the computer! SY

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #51 : Января 22, 2008, 03:20:13 pm »
Sybille, what size do you render?  I used to do 3000 x 3000 then resize to 2000x2000 at 300dpi.  But when I jump the oversample up to 4 it requires over 2 GB of ram.  So I have been dropping them to about 2300x2300.  Does the limit memory work and just add to the render time?  I can do a 3000 x 3000 Filter 0.4 Quality 4000 and Oversample 0.3 in a little under 4 hours
Why do you downsize them??? I render at 3200x3200 normally and yes limiting the memory allows you to render large files and "just" adds time. SY

Оффлайн nicemonkey

• Просмотр профиля
    • Nicemonkey
« Ответ #52 : Января 23, 2008, 12:30:14 pm »
I hadn't thought of doing any fractals before I read this thread but after reading it I got inspired to try it. Apophysis isn't on a mac so I sought out another piece of software, I settled on "Quadrium 2" it got the best reviews.

So some 48 hours later my girlfriend has left, my eyes are bleeding and I haven't got anything I truly like! Don't get me wrong I love it and will keep plugging away till I have cracked it but being from an Illustration background I am used to moving things (physically on the screen) and just clicking an object to change its colour, as far as I can see with the fractals software that I have used, its a lot harder to achieve what you have in your mind and just have to keep tweaking until what you are working on looks pretty.
Shutterstock Dreamstime [url=http://www.luckyoliver.com/portfolio/Nice

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #53 : Января 23, 2008, 01:19:16 pm »
Sorry about your girlfriend! I am on a pc so I can't help you with Quadrium2, perhaps you should start a new thread and look if anybody out there can give you some starting help. SY

Оффлайн Sundance

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #54 : Января 23, 2008, 02:17:24 pm »
I hadn't thought of doing any fractals before I read this thread but after reading it I got inspired to try it. Apophysis isn't on a mac so I sought out another piece of software, I settled on "Quadrium 2" it got the best reviews.

So some 48 hours later my girlfriend has left, my eyes are bleeding and I haven't got anything I truly like! Don't get me wrong I love it and will keep plugging away till I have cracked it but being from an Illustration background I am used to moving things (physically on the screen) and just clicking an object to change its colour, as far as I can see with the fractals software that I have used, its a lot harder to achieve what you have in your mind and just have to keep tweaking until what you are working on looks pretty.

With fractals it's obviously heads or tails game. the best image i've had in last three days was actually the very first image (i've shown it here- it's a spiral). And i think it makes this occupation more fun than a work! Try apophosis on any pc - i already tried several other - and refused them after short seeing inside of them.  :)

Оффлайн Sundance

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #55 : Января 24, 2008, 02:40:46 pm »
Wow! They took a big batch of fratals, including the above two images! But also they took 3 of 4 of my very first home studio photos. Both things are great!!!!!!!!