Автор Тема: Apophysis Help Please  (Прочитано 72811 раз)

Оффлайн Sundance

• Просмотр профиля
Re: Apophysis Help Please
« Ответ #30 : Января 21, 2008, 02:10:18 pm »
Wow! You spent so much typing time to explain me this things thank you!

Unfortunately I've lost settings for this cool image above and i only have 1000 x 1000 pix render, and yes it's noisy as hell.

In last 30 minutes i've made a couple decent pics, one of them is this

and it struck me that Today when i made search by the word Fractals i saw something similar, and i did it second time and stunningly it is Your image that is looked so similar

I've just purchased some studio lighting, but I have not made a single good shot to put on stocks - and here comes a free applet which gives me a stockworthy images at no cost. The world is turned upside down  ;D

PS If this work proves profitable - sure i'll buy another computer, a stronger one, but why so long times? I've just started rendering this cute fir tree again at 2000 by 2500 pix , quality 400,  and it says it is 10 minutes left. There must be some point that i miss.
« Последнее редактирование: Января 21, 2008, 02:22:20 pm от Sundance »

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #31 : Января 21, 2008, 02:17:49 pm »
Wow! You spent so much typing time to explain me this things thank you!

Pleasure, but that is what this forum is all about: Helping each other to get better in our art and broaden our horizons! And yes, the fractal tree is mine (*cough* please look here: http://photographicfreedom.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=337.0, don't remove the image, we just "pretend" I posted it ;-)

So, yes, if you have a reasonable speedy spare computer - go ahead and if you have any further questions, please ask! One tip, don't try to submit fractals to Istock, they will get rejected in all cases *sigh* SY

Оффлайн Sundance

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #32 : Января 21, 2008, 02:23:09 pm »
If this work proves profitable - sure i'll buy another computer, a stronger one, but why so long times? I've just started rendering this cute fir tree again at 2000 by 2500 pix , quality 400,  and it says it is 10 minutes left. There must be some point that i miss.

I respect this SS requirements, i only wonder how can they punish the ones who do this forbidden hotlinking. Obviously there is no tool for that. It' only our good will to follow their request but not to obey an order. am i right?
« Последнее редактирование: Января 21, 2008, 02:30:02 pm от Sundance »

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #33 : Января 21, 2008, 02:26:06 pm »
First of all don't buy another new computer, try to get an used one nobody wants anymore for a couple of quid. And regarding the long render times, just look at your fractal at 100% when it is finished. SY

Оффлайн Sundance

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #34 : Января 21, 2008, 02:44:53 pm »
no i'm not so rich to run for a nearest computer shop after this first fast results.  ;D

interesting, but i think i can put what i'vejust rendered for review. i don't see any noise or drawbacks that can make it be rejected

this is 100% crop

well anyway fir time has passed - it's hearts time that is on!

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #35 : Января 21, 2008, 03:02:56 pm »
Looks good, some variations are "less noisy" then others. I normally render a smaller test render with the quality settings I want to use for the final render and then do the full version if all is ok. Settings in question are (very general):

Gamma: decreasing gamma decreases noise but also makes the image "darker" when rendering over black and less detailed when rendering over white. All in general, each flame is different!

Quality I use normally 4000, as increasing it makes the render time only slightly longer but gives better -quality

Filter radius I use normally 0.4, that works the best for me.

Over sample Here is the catch, the higher the number the smoother and more detailed the fractal, but render times go up like a rocket with this one. My ideal setting is 4, but that means normally a looong render time.

Tip: Tick the box "limit memory usage to" and set what you have available as memory if it wouldn't go through at once. SY

Оффлайн Sundance

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #36 : Января 21, 2008, 03:13:48 pm »
i'm next to putting my first fractals batch to Shutterstock, and this is only after several hours after i stumbled upon this thread this morning. (It's 2.13 pm here in my area now) I can't believe it. May be a rejection will be a cold shower  O0

Sybille - you are fantastic explaining me this program setings before i even bother you to help me with this!  ;)
« Последнее редактирование: Января 21, 2008, 03:16:25 pm от Sundance »

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #37 : Января 21, 2008, 03:26:26 pm »
Keep us posted how it goes, SS is pretty good for fractals! SY

Оффлайн Sundance

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #38 : Января 21, 2008, 09:35:30 pm »
Keep us posted how it goes, SS is pretty good for fractals! SY

can't wait to see today's batch results! ;)

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #39 : Января 21, 2008, 09:43:24 pm »
Nor can I  ;D it is always exciting when a new "fractoholic" joins us! SY

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #40 : Января 21, 2008, 09:47:58 pm »
Oh, and before I forget it, check out Apo 3d hack for the ultimate addiction! SY

Оффлайн Sundance

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #41 : Января 21, 2008, 10:02:48 pm »
i guess i'll need a mainframe station to render them ALL before death does us apart!  ;D
« Последнее редактирование: Января 21, 2008, 10:06:31 pm от Sundance »

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #42 : Января 21, 2008, 10:11:57 pm »
Only if you try fractal footage  ::) http://footage.shutterstock.com/video.html?id=49783

SY

Оффлайн Sundance

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #43 : Января 21, 2008, 10:15:51 pm »
Only if you try fractal footage  ::) http://footage.shutterstock.com/video.html?id=49783

SY

::) WHAT PROCESSING TIME IT TOOK TO MAKE THAT?

unbelievable! I always wanted to become somebody like Walt Lucas  ;D

Оффлайн nicemonkey

• Просмотр профиля
    • Nicemonkey
« Ответ #44 : Января 21, 2008, 10:47:14 pm »
Wow great clip Sybille. I haven't really messed around with fractals before and didn't realise you could make moving images. My girlfriend always says that I spend too much time on the computer...she really isn't going to be happy now I have found fractals! (I will point her in your direction!)

Shutterstock Dreamstime [url=http://www.luckyoliver.com/portfolio/Nice