6 (27.3%)
Yes, but never again!
2 (9.1%)
Never got asked!
6 (27.3%)
Nothing really applies...
2 (9.1%)

Проголосовало пользователей: 21

Автор Тема: Poll-Do you do weddings?  (Прочитано 16763 раз)

Syates

• Гость
Poll-Do you do weddings?
« : Ноября 27, 2007, 11:55:35 pm »
Inspired by This Topic Do you do weddings? My answer is, completely personal: Only over my dead body! I made a decision many years ago that I don't do weddings, too much stress, SY
« Последнее редактирование: Ноября 27, 2007, 11:57:43 pm от Sybille Yates (hospitalera) »

Оффлайн realdealphoto

• Просмотр профиля
    • Real Deal Photo
Re: Poll-Do you do weddings?
« Ответ #1 : Ноября 28, 2007, 01:42:52 am »
Nope, no way, not even for family.

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #2 : Ноября 28, 2007, 02:50:50 am »
LOL, seems we have a little family of "I don't do weddings" photographers here, I mean I have personally nothing against weddings (hey! I am married!) but I get scared by the imagination that I somehow screw something up and they don't have any photographic memories of one of their most important days in life... Anybody here that loves photographing weddings?, SY

Оффлайн Forgiss

• Просмотр профиля
    • Shoots Imaging
« Ответ #3 : Ноября 28, 2007, 10:22:01 am »
Sure!

But right now only on request and referral. Our packages start at $6,000 and we have three photographers there on the day(each with an assistant), one shoot before the wedding, and one after the wedding (after the honeymoon)

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #4 : Ноября 28, 2007, 02:36:50 pm »
Sure!

But right now only on request and referral. Our packages start at $6,000 and we have three photographers there on the day(each with an assistant), one shoot before the wedding, and one after the wedding (after the honeymoon)

With this set-up:

$6000 for 6 persons (3photographers+3assistants) and three days shooting + time for post-processing, do you make any money at all out of it? SY

Оффлайн Forgiss

• Просмотр профиля
    • Shoots Imaging
« Ответ #5 : Ноября 28, 2007, 02:48:04 pm »
hehe... yep

One day shooting has 3 photogs + assistants

the other two days are just short studio sessions.

On the $6k package, they get a hand stitched leather album and 21 A4 enlargements. If they want more, the have to go to the larger packages (I don't do small prints for weddings anymore)

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #6 : Ноября 28, 2007, 02:53:42 pm »
And as two of the photographers will be you and Luba, you have only to pay one... Now it makes sense, thanks! SY

Оффлайн drug123

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #7 : Ноября 28, 2007, 04:43:23 pm »
I did it for three times, one as assistant, two other as single photog.
Can't say that it is my favorite job but it was great for experience. And I'm really happy having this job done perfectly, brides was very impressed.
Will I do wedding again? Well, will see, most likely yes.

Оффлайн anouchka

• Участники форума благодарны этому пользователю
  • istock admin
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #8 : Ноября 29, 2007, 02:31:19 am »
I hate it. I don't work for hire, only for my pleasure. Was asked once by my friend to do some bridal portraits for her, i could not refuse, finally did it and told myself: NEVER again :)

Оффлайн Forgiss

• Просмотр профиля
    • Shoots Imaging
« Ответ #9 : Ноября 29, 2007, 12:41:45 pm »
And as two of the photographers will be you and Luba, you have only to pay one... Now it makes sense, thanks! SY

Hahaha... serious rule in our family... everybody pays for all services and products.

Most of our extended family has their own businesses, and if everybody worked on favours the whole time, and nobody got paid, then there would be serious unhappiness somewhere down the line...

Also, when we still did weddings as a business, we both had our own teams. we often did about 5 weddings on a weekend, so no way we could work together...

Оффлайн Aleksey

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #10 : Ноября 29, 2007, 04:34:20 pm »
hehe.. I know several weddings photographers with the same, but opposed attitude to (micro)stock bussiness..
As for me i participated as a student on two weddings with no right on my shoots, but i'm very very satisfied by this expirience,  and with some fitness during it too.. : ) in any way it is a legal way for beginners to find out how a profy works.. and to aim your lense to unknown people...

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #11 : Ноября 29, 2007, 04:47:00 pm »
hehe.. I know several weddings photographers with the same, but opposed attitude to (micro)stock bussiness..
As for me i participated as a student on two weddings with no right on my shoots, but i'm very very satisfied by this expirience,  and with some fitness during it too.. : ) in any way it is a legal way for beginners to find out how a profy works.. and to aim your lense to unknown people...

Oh, I would always go as an assistant to shoot a wedding! Exactly for the reason you mentioned - learning more! What a pity that you didn't have any rights at the shoots, not even on the generic ones like wedding cake and flowers? SY

Оффлайн Aleksey

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #12 : Ноября 29, 2007, 05:23:59 pm »
What a pity that you didn't have any rights at the shoots, not even on the generic ones like wedding cake and flowers? SY
the reason for such rule was that in order i have any chance to be on wedding with camera my master-photograper should ask a special aprovement from his clients, i prefered not to risk and to promise him no to use fotoes.. to become just his student/assistant/tripod .) on the other hand i'm overfocused on people and faces, i think..

Оффлайн poco_bw

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #13 : Декабря 03, 2008, 02:56:05 am »
well I do weddings and I hate it with passion.
Full day with 3 people , 2 photo cameras (MArk III and MarkII) 1 videocamera Canon HD XLs, live video, wireless transmitters, projector, big portable screen, strobes, porta packs for in location shoots. Finalle 2-300 photos + 1 DVD with a multimedia presentation+ 1 video. Goes for $600 and is a pain to get the money always.
1-2 weeks work(part time) for photo +video editing+multimedia presentation. Getting the other 2 people paid at the end is worth almost nothing.
And in top of everything I get a back pain always from the video camera ,the flycam with the stabiliser, vest, DTE HDD, light, bla bla bla is over 50KG.
After few hours with stabiliser or without :-) you start shaking from the weight.
Well this are the prices in Botswana.