Автор Тема: stockxpert (international)  (Прочитано 50036 раз)

Syates

• Гость
stockxpert (international)
« : Ноября 27, 2007, 11:32:25 pm »
I submitted my initial batch now three times, every time I got rejected for "that is not what we are looking for" or similar, but what do they want? Last time Andresr choose the images from my portfolio, same rejection and sorry, Andresr knows a lot about stock and what sells! SY

Оффлайн Clivia

• Просмотр профиля
Re: What does Stockxpert want?
« Ответ #1 : Ноября 28, 2007, 11:28:56 pm »
They may be picky, but it is woth persevering. Sales are great, and increasing every month. Don't give up. They accept nearly all my illustrations if that is any help, and they sell well there too.

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #2 : Ноября 29, 2007, 02:14:08 pm »
Do you submit their illustrations in jpg or eps? SY

Оффлайн dolgachov

• Administrator
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Syda Productions
reviewing times
« Ответ #3 : Ноября 30, 2007, 01:34:48 am »
long reviewing times are back?

i have my images not reviewed for 3 or 4 days now.

am i alone with this problem?

Оффлайн Elnur

• Просмотр профиля
    • My microstock blog
Re: reviewing times
« Ответ #4 : Ноября 30, 2007, 02:50:48 am »
looks like they have now started clearing the backlog... which probably means lots of rejections.

Оффлайн lilcrazyfuzzy

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #5 : Ноября 30, 2007, 02:56:55 am »
been awfully long for me too

Оффлайн steve-oh

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #6 : Ноября 30, 2007, 07:39:34 pm »
Hi Sybille,

Sorry about your recent rejections. Perhaps I can shed some light on this rejection reason.

In general, the "that is not what we are looking for" rejection goes beyond simply subject matter. It's usually reserved for a combination of factors, technical and artistic. In fact, the subject matter might be fine if it is shot in the right way.

I have not seen your rejected images, so I'm writing this in the general sense of what I've seen overall.

Many of the images that get this rejection usually have less than ideal lighting (direct lighting, bad shadows, etc.) and distracting backgrounds. Most of them are images that were shot outdoors.

For instance, someone submitted images of a unique portuguese sea vessel. They were rejected for the aforementioned reason. Why?

Well, they weren't really images of this unique vessel. They were snapshots of a boat that happenend to be this unique vessel.

The photographer failed to capture the essence of the boat. They were just snapshots. Direct sunlight casting bad shadows, flat composition with distracting background and foreground (parts of the dock and bridge in bad places), etc.

What makes this boat unique? If it is its shape and size, shoot it so that you show this the best way possible. Is it a quick boat? Is it a powerful boat? Use lighting and composition to create a shot that tells us this. What role do the dock and bridge play? Are they necessary? If not, don't include them. If they are necessary, incorporate them in a way that doesn't conflict with the main subject.

By doing this successfully you accomplish many things. Not only have you created an aesthetically pleasing image of the vessel but you created a conceptual image that symbolizes quickness, strength, and beauty. The image has thus become much more universal and saleable.

So when you get this rejection, say to yourself:

Did I truly capture what makes this subject appealing and saleable? Does the lighting and composition bring this out? Are there any distracting elements in the photo or something that doesn't add to the photo? If the elements have a purpose to the photo, do they complement the main subject or compete with it?

I'm not a reviewer. This is just my two cents based on what I see being rejected with this reason.

Thanks!
-Steve

Оффлайн Talya

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #7 : Декабря 01, 2007, 03:13:45 am »
In general, the "that is not what we are looking for" rejection goes beyond simply subject matter. It's usually reserved for a combination of factors, technical and artistic. In fact, the subject matter might be fine if it is shot in the right way.
And this is exactly the problem with SX exam. The answer is overgeneralized. When I got rejected I was completely frustrated. I sent five different pictures, different subject, different light etc.  and got one comment for all of them.  I think that rejection has to be more specific.

Оффлайн sshaw75

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #8 : Декабря 03, 2007, 05:58:39 am »
I have a touch over 100 files in my port there since July, sales started ok the first month, after that I am lucky to get one a month.  Kind of stopped sending files there

Оффлайн builttospill

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #9 : Декабря 03, 2007, 09:13:32 pm »
yep, lots of rejections, I've had a bunch awaiting review since Nov. 19, still haven't been reviewed!

Оффлайн drug123

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #10 : Декабря 06, 2007, 01:19:09 pm »
i have my images not reviewed for 3 or 4 days now.
I had images queued for 2 weeks, seems reviewers had a vacation last few weeks :o)

Оффлайн dolgachov

• Administrator
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Syda Productions
« Ответ #11 : Декабря 06, 2007, 01:20:40 pm »
i've got mine finally checked 2 days ago

Оффлайн Flanker

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #12 : Декабря 09, 2007, 03:41:17 pm »
I see "Image pending" since Dec. 2

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #13 : Декабря 10, 2007, 10:11:49 am »
Yep time they hire me as a reviewer  ;D notch notch, know what I mean notch notch.
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock
[url=http://www.fotolia.

Оффлайн Patrick1958

• Просмотр профиля
    • My pbase account
« Ответ #14 : Декабря 10, 2007, 11:25:26 am »
I've batches in rewiew mode going back to november 25... sigh...

Patrick.