Автор Тема: fotolia (international)  (Прочитано 19920 раз)

Syates

• Гость
fotolia (international)
« : Ноября 27, 2007, 11:29:32 pm »
Are sales finally improving at Fotolia after their upgrade? SY

Оффлайн Clivia

• Просмотр профиля
Re: Sales improving after upgrade?
« Ответ #1 : Ноября 28, 2007, 10:59:58 pm »
They are flying for me. I am selling lots of extra large files, and they keep the money rolling in. I have turned off email notification because they were clogging up my in box.
I don't get many extended licence sales there though.

Оффлайн khz

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2 : Ноября 29, 2007, 10:29:10 am »
yes, it is better for me too, but not that high :)
i hope it will be

Оффлайн Elnur

• Просмотр профиля
    • My microstock blog
« Ответ #3 : Ноября 29, 2007, 11:45:29 am »
Doing great for me. More than doubled after the upgrade.

Оффлайн Elnur

• Просмотр профиля
    • My microstock blog
« Ответ #4 : Декабря 01, 2007, 03:50:27 pm »
Fotolia really does well at the moment. It had 36% growth in November, after 87% growth in October.
Some were writing off Fotolia after their disastrous upgrade, but they recovered and improved significantly.

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #5 : Декабря 03, 2007, 09:24:46 pm »
slightly better
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock
[url=http://www.fotolia.

Оффлайн dolgachov

• Administrator
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Syda Productions
Infinite Collection?
« Ответ #6 : Декабря 21, 2007, 10:06:10 pm »
fotolia newsletter:

The quality of our service is dependant on the quality of our images and as we continue to grow so too does the standard here at Fotolia. Along with our already unbelievable 2.8 million royalty-free images in our database, we are raising the bar once again but as always not the price. The Infinite Collection is new and allows you to enjoy all the comforts of our royalty free licenses for over 15,000 world class images. Offered at prices ranging from 10 to 100 credits it's Christmas all year with our new Infinite Collection

anybody knows something about this Infinite Collection?

Оффлайн dolgachov

• Administrator
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Syda Productions
Re: Infinite Collection?
« Ответ #7 : Декабря 21, 2007, 10:27:42 pm »

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #8 : Декабря 23, 2007, 12:54:24 pm »
only for emerald contributers and other agencies/ So it won't do many of us very good for a long time.
Maybe you Lev will be lucky but I'm guessing it will only drop sales of those high priced images if a buyer sees 50 results of which 49 cost 5 credits and 1 50 O0 that one must be exceptionally better wouldn't it?
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock
[url=http://www.fotolia.

Оффлайн dolgachov

• Administrator
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Syda Productions
« Ответ #9 : Декабря 26, 2007, 03:26:17 pm »
i would not drop sales. i would gladly change price to some of my uinque stuff and will make it higher. those are not the images that sell every day, rather bizarre ones. when one intends to buy them, there's no real difference if they cost 1 dollar or 10.

but as long as this Infinite Сollection requires them to be sold for no less money elsewhere, i will not put any of my images under this system.

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #10 : Декабря 26, 2007, 03:39:08 pm »
but as long as this Infinite Сollection requires them to be sold for no less money elsewhere,..

That would be price fixing and therefor illegal, see this article SY

Оффлайн dolgachov

• Administrator
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Syda Productions
« Ответ #11 : Декабря 26, 2007, 04:26:42 pm »
wouldn't. price fixing is agreement BETWEEN BUSINESS COMPETITORS.

Оффлайн khz

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #12 : Декабря 27, 2007, 01:14:16 pm »
as long as i know,
this collection belongs to fotolia,
some of infinite images' quality is very low, so they wouldnt be accepted to many of micro's if a single contributor uploaded,
and this make me feel that,
fotolia try to draw traffic with microstock contributors, and try to get some nice income with these low quality images in the first pages of search results
dont know what will the future brings with this collection, but i hope i am wrong and it will be good for us all

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
Fotolia forum censoring content?
« Ответ #13 : Декабря 30, 2007, 02:43:16 am »
I don't know who's the forum moderators up there, but I just had a thread deleted. It was obviously censored.

The reason? I wrote about my sales being disastrous (comparing them to "other sites" (never mentioning any in particular) and saying they were 50 times worse than on the best one (and this was an approximation, 'cause they're even lower)), BUT I paralelly asked for help. Konstantin Sutyagin mentioned to me that it (my bad sales) might be because their search engine works with the seven "most important" keywords and since I never reorder them, this could well be the reason why my numbers are so, oh so low.

Anyways: my post wasn't attacking anyone and I sincerely asked for suggestions and advices. But some jerk thought this was obviously "bad publicity" and they removed my thread.

It might not sound such a big deal, but I highly value the freedom of speech and thought and this act is a big letdown for me. Big minus to Fotolia on this one!

Оффлайн fred

• Просмотр профиля
Re: Fotolia forum censoring content?
« Ответ #14 : Декабря 30, 2007, 04:49:36 pm »
I don't know who's the forum moderators up there, but I just had a thread deleted. It was obviously censored.

The reason? I wrote about my sales being disastrous (comparing them to "other sites" (never mentioning any in particular) and saying they were 50 times worse than on the best one (and this was an approximation, 'cause they're even lower)), BUT I paralelly asked for help. Konstantin Sutyagin mentioned to me that it (my bad sales) might be because their search engine works with the seven "most important" keywords and since I never reorder them, this could well be the reason why my numbers are so, oh so low.

Anyways: my post wasn't attacking anyone and I sincerely asked for suggestions and advices. But some jerk thought this was obviously "bad publicity" and they removed my thread.

It might not sound such a big deal, but I highly value the freedom of speech and thought and this act is a big letdown for me. Big minus to Fotolia on this one!

I have had sites censor my messages in their forums for exactly the same reason.  Apparently if you are bashing other sites it is ok but if you compare them favorably to the one you are posting at it is a no-no.

One site actually recommended that I take my complaints to a public forum - like this one.  I think this policy can be very counterproductive.  Damage to their industry-wide reputation is certainly more at risk at a public site than on their own forum and that is what they should be concerned about.  fred