Автор Тема: lucky oliver (international)  (Прочитано 62715 раз)

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
Re: FTP- Upload is working again!
« Ответ #15 : Декабря 22, 2007, 02:14:05 pm »
They missed out bigtime
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock
[url=http://www.fotolia.

Оффлайн dolgachov

• Administrator
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Syda Productions
content filter bug
« Ответ #16 : Декабря 26, 2007, 09:29:24 pm »
you go to one's portfolio
uncheck "no nudes" checkbox
then go to second page - box is checked again
uncheck the box - you'll go back to the first page.

it's impossible to get to content filtered images by browsing portfolio. only first page is awailable. once you go to other page it's filtered back. once you uncheck filter - system returns you to first page. no way to get other page with no filtering other than manually entering long-long address with page numbers and filter disabling in address bar wich no buyer will really do.

Оффлайн khz

• Просмотр профиля
Re: content filter bug
« Ответ #17 : Декабря 28, 2007, 11:35:52 am »
this content filter problems in other sites are really a pain,
:(
i hope they will fix it soon,
but nowadays things doesnt seem to work well in lucky imo,
there are lots of downtimes, ftp ul havent been working for a time, (i didnt check for the last 2-3 days)
and site is very slow, i stopped ul'ing for a time :S

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #18 : Декабря 29, 2007, 10:12:14 pm »
Seems to be sorted now  :D SY

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
« Ответ #19 : Декабря 29, 2007, 10:44:30 pm »
Don't know exactly why the sales are so low on LO. Well, to me they compare to BSP somehow, at least regarding the sales stats. But their community is awesome, the site admins (and the bouncers) are friendlier than anybody, love the design and their uniqueness as well. The uploading system is great too (much, much better than on iStock, for example).

The major reason is probably their age, but there has to be something wrong on the buyer side as well. Marketing primarily and maybe an unlucky search engine. The free images section or something like that would certainly build up it's popularity. They have to come up with an idea to bring in more buyers.

p.s.: I was wondering a couple of days ago how much does offering different content formats (bitmaps and vector, for example) contribute to the popularity of these microstock agencies. And it is certainly one of the top reasons why buyers choose them. The market has diversified and designers are well versed in rasterized AND vector content. And they choose those that offer both (look at SS and iS).

Anyways. I wish all the best to LO, they sure are working hard.

Оффлайн sshaw75

• Просмотр профиля
Entering Info Bugs
« Ответ #20 : Декабря 31, 2007, 10:25:48 pm »
This bug is really starting to get to me on LO.  The one where you enter a title hit OK, description hit OK, and sticky words and hit ok then hit save and the file is not ready to be submitted and either or both the title and description is missing.  Not a biggie, but I hate doing things twice.  Also with this bug sometimes the file shows ready to submit, then the files get bounced back for missing information.  Wouldn't be bad but it has been going on for months now.  I like LO, sales suck, but there seems to be lot's of technical issues.

Syates

• Гость
Re: Entering Info Bugs
« Ответ #21 : Января 08, 2008, 03:01:04 am »
Seems the bug is disappeared now  ;) SY

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #22 : Января 08, 2008, 03:21:29 am »
Lucky Oliver has now a designer/ buyer blogging for them, check out Here  and Here. That should have some input how the site works, give some incentive to contributors (as Sabrina Dent posts freely her image requests and subsequent image usages on the odditorium and here odditorium). That seems to be the right step in the right direction, involving not only the community of contributors but also the community of buyers in the site communication  ;D SY

Syates

• Гость
Re: How is everybody doing after the upgrade?
« Ответ #23 : Января 08, 2008, 03:24:11 am »
I think the problem was that the site got so dead slow with the increasing traffic that there was no other possibility then doing it then. At least now it is fast and pretty bug free and, seriously compared to, for example the fotolia update it went pretty smoothly! SY

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
« Ответ #24 : Января 08, 2008, 12:41:57 pm »
I think the site runs very smoothly now. The only problems I see (technically) are the thumbnails of uploaded files not displaying sometimes. But they "catch up" after a while.

p.s.: And there's the two dead thumbnails in the approval queue of files nobody sees that just sit there;) Sybille, I contacted Jill and she immediatelly replied, so I reuploaded the two files, but the old thumbnails are still there;/

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
« Ответ #25 : Января 08, 2008, 12:59:45 pm »
In this very moment I am doing "woohoohoooo";)) Bryan just mentioned my portfolio in his "Stunning new images" blog post: http://www.luckyoliver.com/blog/294/stunning_new_images#Comments.

And I'm shaking to see one of mine between all those masterpieces. Damn me, bring me a glass of water, please!;))

p.s.: Sybille, say "thank you" to Bryan in my name!;)

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #26 : Января 08, 2008, 01:10:40 pm »
p.s.: Sybille, say "thank you" to Bryan in my name!;)

I can do but why can't you do it ?  ;D SY

Оффлайн domencolja

• Просмотр профиля
    • Domen Colja's blogspot
« Ответ #27 : Января 08, 2008, 04:07:54 pm »
;)) I did;) But since you're a "team", this was intended to touch everyone at LO. THANKS!;)

Оффлайн DNF-Style

• Просмотр профиля
    • DNF-Style
« Ответ #28 : Января 08, 2008, 09:36:17 pm »
mwah still about 5 sales a month
still have to mail jill more times before receiving answerers a week later
I is stilll a nice place with very nice people.

Nope nothing much changed for us at LO
Dreamstime
Shutterstock
Istock
[url=http://www.fotolia.

Оффлайн sshaw75

• Просмотр профиля
Re: Entering Info Bugs
« Ответ #29 : Января 09, 2008, 01:31:23 am »
As of Saturday night, I was still getting it. I am holding off on uploading images until it get's sorted out.  I know that I am only hurting myself doing so, but I get so frustrated when I have to enter the same information more than once.  When uploading to multiple sites, that waste of time is too much of an inconvenience for now