Автор Тема: lucky oliver (international)  (Прочитано 62739 раз)

Syates

• Гость
lucky oliver (international)
« : Ноября 27, 2007, 05:40:04 pm »
It is much faster for me now and I even had my first side show sale after the upgrade. $3 for a medium size image, not bad, if they only would be more frequently. SY
« Последнее редактирование: Марта 02, 2008, 05:54:49 pm от dolgachov »

Оффлайн builttospill

• Просмотр профиля
Re: How is everybody doing after the upgrade?
« Ответ #1 : Ноября 28, 2007, 09:52:34 pm »
Just had my first sale after the upgrade today.  Things are looking up!

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #2 : Ноября 28, 2007, 09:56:21 pm »
Good to here, I must say compared to some other "upgrades" we lived through on other stock sites, Lucky Oliver's went pretty smooth, not without hiccups, but at least they were not for days off line or so, SY

Оффлайн Clivia

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #3 : Ноября 28, 2007, 11:27:13 pm »
I have not had a sale since October 10th. This on a portfolio of 562 pictures, selling really well on most other sites. Lucky Oliver are all talk and no action as far as I am concerned.

Оффлайн Elnur

• Просмотр профиля
    • My microstock blog
« Ответ #4 : Ноября 29, 2007, 12:35:27 am »
I have 130% increase in November. That's 5-6 dollars more !!!  ;D 

Оффлайн rosta

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #5 : Ноября 29, 2007, 10:11:41 pm »
Sorry, I just left there.  I had all of five sales since I joined (among the first ones there).  They were all in the early days. I stopped uploading after fifty and started to get very concerned when some of my best selling images on other sites had no sales on LO but had over a thousand views on each one.  Maybe I'm just paranoid, but either way, as of this week I am no longer on there.
Rosta

Оффлайн khz

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #6 : Декабря 01, 2007, 12:44:29 pm »
i ul'ded like 500 images there but it is annoying for me that some of my designs are rejected for `not including some keywords`, or something,
it really de-motivate me to ul to such a new site after getting rejected because of keywords, since i use the same sets for all sites including istock, to bigstock, and they are all accepted there
and about sales,
not mcuh, 16 sales last month, with 10 usd income for about 500 images,
so if i can ul like 50.000 images, it will start to make some difference :)

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #7 : Декабря 01, 2007, 01:39:31 pm »
i ul'ded like 500 images there but it is annoying for me that some of my designs are rejected for `not including some keywords`, or something,
it really de-motivate me to ul to such a new site after getting rejected because of keywords, since i use the same sets for all sites including istock, to bigstock, and they are all accepted there
and about sales,
not mcuh, 16 sales last month, with 10 usd income for about 500 images,
so if i can ul like 50.000 images, it will start to make some difference :)

Let me explain the key word thing: Lucky Oliver uses the key word "illustration" to distinguish between jpg photos and illustrations in the search, so that somebody that searches for "cat" can decide if they want to  see photos or illustrations or both of a cat. Btw, they don't get rejected, they just get send back to your submission area to add the missing word, so that you don't have to upload them again. Hope that helps, SY

Оффлайн khz

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #8 : Декабря 01, 2007, 01:53:06 pm »
but they images send back to me are photos, which are composed with ornaments and paper backgrounds.
they are jpg's in the end, not eps

Syates

• Гость
« Ответ #9 : Декабря 01, 2007, 02:11:28 pm »
but they images send back to me are photos, which are composed with ornaments and paper backgrounds.
they are jpg's in the end, not eps

That is the point, "illustration" helps to distinguish between jpg photos and jpg illustrations, as Lucky Oliver doesn't accept any other format at the moment then jpg. The other thing is that sometimes it is very borderline if you call it a photo or an illustration because often it is a mix of the both and very difficult to decide. SY

Оффлайн sshaw75

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #10 : Декабря 03, 2007, 06:00:23 am »
the site is a bit quicker, still experiencing some bugs when trying to send files in for submission.  Other than that the usual, lots of views and hardly any downloads.

Оффлайн shadow216

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #11 : Декабря 09, 2007, 05:45:53 pm »
same here, also getting error when sending file...

Оффлайн sshaw75

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #12 : Декабря 10, 2007, 08:01:52 am »
grrrrrrr....

Just had another one bounced back for no description.  Seriously this is becoming a pain in the butt.  The descriptions are there, but then for some reason they dissappear when they get sent in.  Been happening almost every batch I have submitted in the past month.  Worst yet though was 3 files that were sent back out of 1 batch, when I checked the files in the submit area, they all had descriptions, so I resubmitted.  They were accepted but they somehow got submitted two times each.  3 of the 6 were rejected as duplicates.. lol that was the best one yet.

So things are running quicker, but not smoother.  Really starting to thinnk twice about this one.  Have over 13000 views and a grand total of 11 sales adding up to $10 since June or July.  I keep hearing it is because the site is so new, but that's starting to get a bit old.
« Последнее редактирование: Декабря 10, 2007, 08:04:20 am от sshaw75 »

Оффлайн Dash

• Просмотр профиля
    • Floum
« Ответ #13 : Декабря 10, 2007, 04:49:05 pm »
I think that LO made mistake with their upgrade in november/december. Those are most valuable and downloadable months in year but their site is only in part functional. Everybody knows how long fotolia was down after their upgrade. They didnt learn from fotolias mistakes.

Syates

• Гость
FTP- Upload is working again!
« Ответ #14 : Декабря 22, 2007, 04:58:35 am »
Lucky Oliver has just enabled FTP upload again! SY